When I feel like it, I put together a manageable-sized block of music - 30 to 60 minutes, that you could listen to on a walk, run or commute etc., that I think people might like, or hate, or at least find interesting. And I share it as a podcast, so you can listen to it from the widget in the blog, download it, or get your podcast app to download it automatically every time a new one appears.

See "about".

Sunday 8 March 2015

My Ears! 2015-03-08

First one - from John.


Download
See track listing
  1. Up-Wards at 45 degress  - Julian Cope
  2. Commissioning A Symphony In C - Cake
  3. Pardon Me (I've Got Someone To Kill) - Andre Williams & The Sadies
  4. Chicken Reel Jim & Jesse & The Virginia Boys
  5. Rock N' Roll Suicide - Seu Jorge
  6. Brazil - Cornelius
  7. The Fight - Cornelius
  8. Live And Let Die - Byron Lee & The Dragonaires
  9. Status Quorn - Quorn Medley - The Shirehorses

3 comments:

  1. Good stuff! I like Cornelius and Cope a lot. Which years are the songs from? Ceri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Up-Wards at 45 Degrees is from Jehovahkill (1992) -- great, great album. That and Peggy Suicide are the best JC albums.

      Brazil is from Cornelius' Point (2001) and the The Fight is his contribution to the 2000 Powerpuff Girls compilation album "Heroes and Villains", which is *great*; also has songs by people like Frank Black, Devo, Shonen Knife, The Apples In Stereo.

      Delete
  2. Cool, I'll try and find time to do a mix, never really listed to much Cope before

    ReplyDelete